ASP.NET Ria Essential Pack is a library that includes the Silverlight-based versions of ASP.NET GridView and ASP.NET Chart. These controls are based on the RIA principle: they are usual ASP.NET controls with properties similar to GridView and Chart, but they use the in-built Silverlight application for visualizing data in a user''s browser.
In comparison to their standard analogues, Ria controls have several advantages:
1. Rich UI. Because the user interaction is subject of the client side, the application functionality may include anything that could be implemented in a desktop application, including drag and drop, using a slider to change data, smoothing, transparency and so on.
2. Short response time. Because the browser doesn''t need to interact with the server on every operation, the RIA is usually much more responsive than standard web applications that call for a new page every time they need something new.
3. Web-server relief. Unlike traditional web applications, the RIA''s client side takes the lion''s share of computing tasks, and so frees the server resources for other tasks. This allows the server to serve more client sessions at the same time, and the whole "computing" balance is better distributed through the net.
4. Asynchronous interaction. While usual web applications have to wait for the user to perform an interface action such as clicking a button, RIA can interact with the server in the background, i.e. asynchronously. Because of this RIA developers can move data between client side and the server without making the user wait, and thus create the illusion of a desktop application.
5. Network traffic reduction. RIA''s client side is usually able to decide what data it needs from the server to perform an action, so it can only request the part of data that is actually needed in each interaction. So the overall network load is reduced.
Tell us your experience with ASP.NET Ria Esssential Pack1.11
RELATED PROGRAMS Our Recommendations
RadarCube ASP.NET OLAP Chart for MSAS TRIAL ASP.NET and Silverlight OLAP control to add Visual Analysis to your applications. Displays business data on the internet in charts and graphs rather than in numbers. 100% managed code authored entirely in C# 2.0. Gives users an opportunity to analyze their business data visually and spot new... Download
OnBarcode.com ASP.NET Barcode TRIAL OnBarcode.com ASP.NET Barcode Generator ASP.NET library to generate barcode images, supports Linear (1D), Data Matrix, PDF417, Micro PDF417, QRCode, Micro QRCode. Download
SwiftGIS WebMaps Google for .NET TRIAL SwiftGIS WebMaps Google for .NET v1.0 Beta is an Asp.NET AJAX control for enterprise mapping with Full Asp.NET AJAX support. It allows you to add Google Maps mapping functionality to your Asp.NET web application with ease. All of the functionalities Download